Maison 9 – Cassis, France
- Mid-thirty, forty, and young fifty-something couples and honeymooners, mainly Northern Europeans, Belgians.
- Restaurant – As with any maison d’hotes, there’s no restaurant but a full and delicious breakfast is included in the tariff and served every morning from 9am on in the garden or on the terrace.
- Swimming pool – Beautifully situated swimming pool within the gardens of Maison 9 with comfy loungers and a swing.
- Beach – A 10-minute drive down to Baie de Cassis or a long hike to the nearby Calanques.
- Maison 9 – Quartier Les Janots, 9, Avenue du Docteur Yves Bourde, 13260 Cassis (t: +33 (4) 42 08 35 86 / www.maison9.net).
- 5-7 September 2010
- Hot and sunny 24/27°C, with blue skies.
- For flight and TGV connections, Marseille is a 40-minute drive and Toulon about 50-minutes drive.
- All rooms are fantastic but 1 and 4 probably have the most private terraces, with 2 and 3 closer to the pool.
THE FAT MOUSE VERDICT:
- The Good – This is the place to come if you need sunshine, good food, to sleep and rejuvenate.
- The Bad – Minimum two-stay night.
0 0 0 0 ¾